Bamboo is a TRULY AMAZING
Here’s why we use it in our SAAKA product line of High Performance Sportswear:
Bamboo is an environmentally sustainable POWERHOUSE. It is one of the fastest growing plants in the world and requires no replanting after harvesting. Re-harvesting can occur within three years or less.
Strands of Bamboo provide 35% more oxygen and take in five times the volume of carbon dioxide (greenhouse gases) than the same size stand of timber.
Bamboo requires no pesticides, herbicides or added irrigation to thrive.
On the other hand, our cotton cultivation uses 25% of all pesticides applied to US crops and needs more chemicals collectively than any other crop and needs extensive irrigation.
Benefits of Bamboo
- Antimicrobial: stays odor free and smelling fresh
- Highly breathable
- Most eco-friendly fabric on the planet
- Absorbs significantly more moisture than cotton
- Is soft on the skin and to the touch
- Provides excellent UV protection